An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic and motivated healthcare professional to lead a team of experienced, supportive and friendly staff in the Intensive Care Unit at a private hospital in Wollongong.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Nurse Unit Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of patient care, developing and maintaining safe clinical practices and excellent clinical outcomes, quality improvement, human resources management and budget preparation of the unit. You will be working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practices and legislative requirements. You will be accountable for the efficient and effective management of staff within the department.
The 10-bed Intensive Care Unit supports our surgical and medical streams for those patients requiring higher care and, more recently, cardiothoracic surgical patients. There's also a new Cardiothoracic Surgery Service, with ICU supporting post-operative care of patients undergoing coronary artery bypass and valve surgery.
This fast-paced and highly rewarding role reports to the Director of Clinical Services (DCS).
- Current registration with the AHPRA;
- At least 5 years post-registration experience;
- Able to demonstrate the expert clinical practice;
- Cardiothoracic Surgery experience will be highly regarded;
- Experience in a Senior Hospital Management role;
- Demonstrated ability in team leadership, performance management and managing change in a consultative management style;
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to ensure excellence in customer service and a team approach;
- Ability to review and implement continuous improvement programs;
- Post Graduate qualification in management and/or Critical Care or working towards desirable.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance;
- Professional Development;
- Employee assistance program;
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, and financial services.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Hospital, located in Wollongong, is an acute facility offering a full range of medical, surgical and maternity services. The hospital includes all major services, including an intensive care unit, 9 operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit. Operating Theatres offer the following specialities: Robotic Surgery, Urology; Orthopaedics; Neuro Surgery; General Surgery and ENT.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
IT'S NOT QUITE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?
Check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.