A remarkable opportunity is available for an enthusiastic and motivated nursing leader to assume the role of Nurse Unit Manager, overseeing and cultivating a team dedicated to providing outstanding care in a 22-bed Mental Health Unit at a private hospital in Sydney. This is a full-time, permanent position.
As the Nursing Unit Manager, you will make an impact by providing day-to-day operational direction for the Clinic, ensuring efficient and effective management. The role encompasses planning, implementing, and evaluating practices, processes, and services within the ward. You will have an opportunity to shape your own team.
- Provide operational direction for the ward to ensure efficient and effective management;
- Coordinate the delivery of nursing care that is evidence-based;
- Implement a Recovery model of care;
- Ensure the delivery of excellent patient-centred care in a multidisciplinary team-focused environment;
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and support to your team;
- Be accountable for the effective management of human, financial, and material resources;
- Undertake direct patient care, as required.
As an experienced Manager with a passion for developing talent within the team, you will also possess the following skills and attributes:
- Current Registration with AHPRA;
- Formal management qualifications or working towards them is preferred;
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in the private mental health setting and with implementing a Recovery model of care;
- Proven experience building and leading high-performing teams with a service excellence approach;
- Demonstrated ability to manage change;
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive working relations with a wide range of diverse stakeholders;
- Proven high-level communication, interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Demonstrated initiative and creative thinking;
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and patient-focused care;
- Ability to adopt a strategic overview whilst managing complex, challenging, and demanding daily operational issues;
- A high degree of computer literacy.
- Wellness benefits, Employee Assistance Program, and free services, including medical examination of employees;
- Variety of leave options;
- Salary packaging, airline/club membership.
$65.42 per hour.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
The hospital, located in Sydney, provides world-class, Level 5 delineation services for both public and private patients. The hospital features 488 beds, a 50-bed Emergency Department, a 20-bed general cardiothoracic ICU, 14 state-of-the-art theatres including cardiac catheter labs, a world-class education center, a doctor's lounge, excellent staff facilities, a café, and car parking. The entire mental health service provides 61 beds across 4 specialised wards.
If this aligns with what you're looking for, click "APPLY" to send in your application – attaching your most up-to-date CV. It is that easy! Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if this particular role isn't quite right, be sure to explore the array of other openings on our website at www.ihrgroup.com.au.