An excellent opportunity has become available for an experienced Nurse Unit Manager to lead the team on the 20-bed adult mental health unit at a private hospital in Northern Sydney.
As the NUM, you will make an impact by providing day to day operational direction for the Adult Acute mental health ward, ensuring efficient and effective management. You will encompass planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the ward. You will have an opportunity to shape your own team.
Treatment & care follows patient-centred care principles and implements a contemporary Recovery model of care across the Mental Health Service with active involvement from family & carers, an unrestrictive, safe environment, multidisciplinary approach to interventions, with holistic & self-care where possible and ongoing support through community services.
The successful applicant will have:
- Current registration with the AHPRA;
- Extensive experience in a public mental health setting;
- Formal management qualifications or working towards is preferred;
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in the Acute mental health setting and with implementing a Recovery model of care;
- Proven experience building and leading high performing teams with a service excellence approach;
- Demonstrated ability to manage change;
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive working relations with a wide range of diverse stakeholders;
- Proven high-level communication, interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Demonstrated initiative and creative thinking;
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and patient-focused care;
- Ability to adapt a strategic overview whilst to manage complex, challenging and demanding daily operational issues;
- A high degree of computer literacy.
Hospital, located in beautiful Frenchs Forest, provides high-quality services for both public and private patients to the Northern Beaches community. The Mental health unit has been designed, built, and fitted to an exceptionally high standard to provide a pleasant environment whilst meeting an acute mental health facility's requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY
to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.