An excellent opportunity has become available for an experienced Nurse Manager to join the leadership team of the Midwifery Unit at a private hospital in Melbourne.
As the NUM, you will be leading and managing the 14-bed Integrated Midwifery Unit. You will be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human & material resources within the ward. The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating all practices, processes and clinical services of the unit. You will be supported by a passionate team of Associate NUM’s and skilled Clinical Nurses while reporting to and utilising the mentorship of the Director of Clinical Services.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- Current dual registration with AHPRA as Registered Nurse & Midwife;
- Extensive and recent experience in midwifery nursing;
- Demonstrated understanding of change management principles;
- Proven ability to establish effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders;
- Evidence that demonstrates strategic thinking;
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and material resources;
- Ability to apply research findings to clinical practice;
- Demonstrated personal commitment to ongoing learning;
- Sound computer skills in MS Office suite including Excel;
- Formal management qualifications or working towards;
- Previous experience in a management position or equivalent.
The hospital offers excellent benefits of employment including:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators;
- Scholarships & Study Discounts;
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs;
- Staff recognition and reward programs;
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices;
- Access to corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts;
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Morning & afternoon tea provided.
Hospital, located on the Mornington Peninsula, is a modern and well-equipped facility with 6 operating theatres, two Cardiac Cath Labs, plus a state of the art Hybrid Theatre along with a 10-bed recovery room. The services are supported by an 11 bed Intensive Care Unit. The Maternity Unit consists of 3 spacious and highly equipped Birth Suites, 14 single rooms and a Level 2 nursery.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.