An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated nurse leader to take on a clinical management role at a private hospital near Newcastle. It is a Permanent Full-Time role available for experienced senior nurses.
As the NUM, you will lead the dedicated Orthopaedic ward supporting the excellent perioperative team of Orthopaedic surgeons and seven operating theatres equipped to handle a wide range of services. You will plan, implement and evaluate practices, processes and services within the department to ensure improved patient outcomes. You will work with and support other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery. You will also be accountable for the efficient and effective management of staff within the department. This fast-paced and highly rewarding role reports to the Director of Clinical Services (DCS) through their Associate DCS team.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- Minimum 5 years of post-graduate experience;
- Proven knowledge as a senior Nurse or Manager in a similar Orthopaedic department or ward is essential;
- Previous experience in a management position desirable;
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and capital resources;
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement program;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required;
- Experience or exposure to managing clinical staff recruitment, rostering and performance management.
The hospital offers fabulous Employee Benefits, including:
- Flexible work practices;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Employee recognition and rewards system;
- Ramsay Corporate discounts;
- Ramsay Health Care Employee Benefit Club;
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program.
Hospital is an acute Advanced Surgical and Medical Hospital situated 15 km south of the Newcastle CBD. The hospital offers the following specialties: Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, General Surgery (including Colorectal), Breast Surgery, Plastics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Vascular and Oncology. Hospital also offers a comprehensive private oncology service providing Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Research, Support Services and Education, all located on one campus.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise, please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.