An exciting opportunity exists for a Registered Nurse with strong managerial and leadership qualities to lead and support to the orthopaedic ward at a private hospital in Cairns. It is a Permanent Full-time (76 hours per fortnight) role available for experienced senior nurses.
As a NUM, you will be planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department to ensure improved patient outcomes. The role requires working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements. The position is accountable for the efficient and effective management of staff within the department. This fast-paced and highly rewarding role reports to the Director of Clinical Services.
The successful applicant would have previous extensive experience in a perioperative environment and meet the following criteria:
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an orthopaedic nursing environment;
- Proven knowledge as a senior Nurse or Manager in a similar department or ward;
- Any management or relevant post-graduate specialty qualifications will be highly regarded;
- Experience or exposure to managing clinical staff recruitment, rostering and performance management;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Ability to inspire, motivate and mentor your team.
The hospital offers a wide range of attractive employee benefits including:
- Staff recognition and rewards programs;
- Employee Benefits Club;
- Access to discounts including discounted private health insurance;
- Subsidised gym membership;
- Subsidised staff meals;
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program.
Hospital, located in far north Queensland, is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. Hospital is committed to the provision of first-class medical care for the people of the region and the thousands of tourists who visit the area. An extensive range of surgical services is offered including orthopaedic, vascular, urological, gynaecological and general services. The Orthopaedic Unit is a 28-bed unit, providing care for patients with a variety of medical issues within the musculoskeletal system, particular spine, joints and muscles. The ward is fully equipped with the latest mobility aids and equipment to assist with mobilisation and rehabilitation.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.