An exciting opportunity exists for a dedicated nursing leader to join the perioperative team at a private hospital in Melbourne as a Nurse Unit Manager. It's a permanent full-time position.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Nurse Unit Manager – Perioperative Services, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership and direction to the Perioperative Suite to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital;
- Providing operational direction for the Perioperative Suite and DoSA and Endoscopy Unit to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of nursing care that is evidence-based
- You will be accountable for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure customer service is maintained at optimal levels;
- You will undertake direct patient care as required, providing guidance and support to less experienced nursing team members.
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- Previous experience at NUM level or equivalent;
- Experience in the perioperative setting;
- Post Graduate Certificate in Perioperative Nursing;
- Previous Day of Surgery and Endoscopy experience;
- Compliance with ACSQHC national standards;
- A strong commitment to developing in a management role;
- Computer literacy, including MS Office and various databases;
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment;
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills;
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge base in labour management;
- Demonstrated HR management experience.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Hospital, located in Melbourne's northwestern suburbs, is a fully accredited major surgical, acute medical and emergency hospital. The hospital has a comprehensive range of surgical procedures, medical treatment and diagnostic services. Specialty surgery areas offered at this facility include orthopaedics, general surgery, laparoscopic surgery, ENT, urology, vascular, plastics, neurosurgery, gynaecology and ophthalmology.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT'S NOT QUITE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?
Check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.