An excellent managerial opportunity exists for an experienced nursing manager to provide leadership to the nursing team at a private rehabilitation centre in Melbourne.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Nurse Unit Manager, you will be a role model of the Rehabilitation Hospital's values and responsible for providing leadership direction to the ward to support the hospital's strategic direction, operational processes, budget, and business direction.
- Lead and provide an excellent standard of evidence-based and person-centred care to lead and provide safe, quality nursing care through comprehensive assessment, development of a plan, implementation and evaluation of outcomes in a timely and efficient manner;
- Lead the multidisciplinary team to provide this quality care for our patients;
- Advocates for and involves patients, their families and significant others to participate in care, goal setting and discharge planning;
- Lead a learning environment within the Unit by maintaining own professional learning and continuous professional development and by providing coaching and guidance to ENs, RNs graduates, students and other staff;
- Implement patient safety and quality frameworks within the Unit by identifying areas of improvement, leading and conducting clinical audits, leading quality improvement projects and the plan for the Unit;
- Create and maintain a safe, high-performing and sustainable Unit by visibly leading values and safety-led workplace culture;
- Build strong relationships with external partners to ensure patients receive high-quality care.
- Current AHPRA registration;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in rehabilitation;
- Recent management experience at ANUM level or higher;
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing);
- Post-graduate qualifications in Leadership and Management
- Postgraduate qualification in Rehabilitation - desirable
- Demonstrated experience with the coordination and allocation of staff;
- A high degree of computer literacy, including MS Office;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- People leadership skills, including mentorship and coaching of team members;
- Ability to manage special projects and selected portfolios.
The hospital offers flexible work arrangements, ongoing learning, a comprehensive range of career pathways across specialties and an advantageous working experience.
The Rehabilitation Centre, located in eastern South Melbourne, is a rehabilitation facility offering an extensive range of inpatient and outpatient services. The specialties include multi-trauma, orthopaedics, stroke, cardiac, restorative, respiratory, pain management and acquired brain injury (ABI).
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
IT'S NOT QUITE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?
Check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.