An excellent opportunity has become available for a dynamic and highly motivated Nursing Manager to lead the professional team in the Surgical Unit at a private hospital in Newcastle, NSW.
As the Nurse Unit Manager, you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Unit to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital. You will provide operational direction for the surgical Unit to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of nursing care that is evidence-based. In addition, you will be accountable and responsible for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure customer service is maintained at optimal levels. The NUM will undertake direct patient care as required, providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- Current AHPRA registration;
- Extensive experience in an acute surgical setting with greater than 4 years’ experience in an acute hospital;
- Relevant post-graduate acute surgical/critical care qualifications;
- Proven organisational, financial and problem-solving skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven ability to work well within a team, providing teaching, coaching and mentoring;
- Well-developed written, verbal and computer literacy skills;
- Experience in Human Resources Management desirable;
- Experience with Accreditation and application of the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards desirable;
- Post Graduate qualification in Health/Business Management or undertaking the same desirable.
The hospital provides opportunities for professional development and career succession.
Hospital, located in Newcastle, is an acute bed hospital that has 9 Operating Theatres, a Maternity Department and busy surgical wards. The hospital offers the highest standards of health care and technology in obstetric, surgical, medical, oncology and rehabilitation services. The surgical unit has 32 beds and provides inpatient services to the following speciality surgeries; general, colorectal, gynaecology, urology, faciomaxillary/plastics and paediatrics.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.