An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced nursing leader to take up a permanent Unit Manager position within the surgical team at a private hospital in Perth.
As a NUM, your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide leadership and direction to the ward;
- Ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of the nursing care;
- Be accountable and responsible for the effective management of human, financial and material resources;
- Ensure the customer service is maintained at optimal levels;
- Participate in marketing initiatives of the hospital to promote growth;
- Undertake direct patient care as required providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team;
- Work as part of the healthcare team, adhere to site policies and procedures and key performance indicators;
- Participate in working parties/committees and demonstrate a commitment to continuous quality improvements through NSQHS, workplace health and safety and achievement of hospital accreditation;
- Take an active role in the management of WHS issues about the unit;
- Completion of yearly performance reviews.
As a successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- Registration with AHPRA;
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a managerial capacity;
- Demonstrated knowledge on delivering on Key KPI’s, e.g. Labour Management;
- Demonstrated compliance with ACQSHC national standards;
- Ability to achieve results through consultation, advice and facilitation;
- The high degree of computer literacy including MS Office;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience in the Acute setting;
- Post Graduate Certificate in surgical nursing desirable.
Hospital, located in Perth, is an acute private facility providing a comprehensive range of services across most adult specialties. The Surgical Ward provides care for orthopaedics, neurosurgical, general and plastic patients.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.