A fantastic opportunity awaits an experienced perioperative nurse seeking career progression in middle management within the perioperative setting at a private hospital in Adelaide. This role is available in both permanent full-time and part-time capacities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The position is responsible for the workflow coordination of the shift, ensuring the timely and efficient flow of operating lists and labour management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating lists efficiently and requests for emergency and Ad Hoc cases;
- Overseeing equipment/ loan kit requirements with the speciality CNs, ensuring equipment documented in Webpas/ Eden is sourced and available for operating lists;
- Assisting in facilitating MAQs requirements as needed;
- Replacement of sick leave after hours and ensuring the on-call team is contacted as required;
- Liaising with hospital coordinators to ensure they are kept abreast of workflow or clinical concerns;
- Coordination of meal relief;
- Delegation of duties to PSA/ Orderlies;
- Delegation of duties to theatre staff once the list is complete.
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- At least 5 years of perioperative nursing experience;
- Postgraduate qualification in perioperative nursing is desirable but not essential;
- Good understanding and working towards the achievement of the national standards (NSQHS) and accreditation;
- Excellent communication & organisational skills;
- Self-directed and proactive;
- Able to provide support with surgeons / anaesthetists requests;
- Work well under pressure;
- Good time management;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
The hospital, located in Adelaide, is a private, not-for-profit 230-bed facility that performs a broad range of surgical, medical, diagnostic, and interventional procedures supported by on-site medical imaging, radiology, and pathology. The hospital has 9 operating theatres, 1 procedure room, 2 angiography labs, an emergency department, maternity services, and a 24-bed level 3 critical care unit.
If this aligns with what you're looking for, click "APPLY" to send in your application – attaching your most up-to-date CV. It is that easy! Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if this particular role isn't quite right, be sure to explore the array of other openings on our website at www.ihrgroup.com.au.