An excellent opportunity exists for a Senior Perioperative Nurse to use the clinical expertise to professionally develop the perioperative team at a private hospital in Melbourne.
As a Perioperative Educator, you will:
- Work in consultation with the perioperative services management team;
- Be responsible for meeting the educational requirements of the department in line with ACORN and national healthcare standards;
- Take on a leadership role in providing hands on educational support and clinical teaching/facilitation to graduate nurses & students;
- Integrate theoretical knowledge, evidence-based principles and clinical nursing expertise into educational experiences for both new employees and experienced staff;
- Utilise system strategies and tools to assess competence of new nursing staff members, whilst contributing to quality and safety initiatives across the department;
- Attend relevant policy & procedure meetings, ward meetings and bi-monthly Education Meetings.
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in perioperative nursing;
- Post Graduate Qualification in perioperative nursing or clinical education (desirable);
- Certificate IV Workplace Assessment & Training (TAE) (or working towards);
- Thorough knowledge of ACORN standards and current legislation;
- Demonstrated experience in eLearning platforms;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- High degree of computer literacy including MS Office;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Hospital, located in Melbourne, is an acute facility that provides a full range of surgical and medical services including a dedicated mental health unit and a full-service maternity unit including mother and baby services. Hospital has 5 modern well equipped interactive operating suites accommodating the following specialities: orthopaedics, gynaecology & obstetrics, urology, neurology, plastics, paediatrics, ENT, ophthalmology, general, endoscopy, oralmaxillaryfisico surgery and vascular surgery.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.