An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Registered Midwife to deliver comprehensive midwifery care, working in partnership with women and their families within a continuity of midwifery care group practice model. This is a temporary full-time position for 6 months with the possibility of extension, within the health service in the Toowoomba region.
As a Registered Midwife your responsibilities will include:
- Working in partnership with women to give the necessary support, care and advice during pregnancy, labour and the postpartum period, to conduct births on the registered midwife's own responsibility and to provide care for the newborn and the infant;
- Demonstrates evidence of increasing autonomy and exercises greater levels of professional judgement in the clinical environment as the Registered Midwife.
- Current registration with APHRA as a Registered Midwife;
- Postgraduate qualifications relevant to the clinical setting will be highly regarded;
- The recency of experience in continuity of midwifery care/caseload midwifery would be highly regarded;
- Travel is a requirement of this position;
- This position requires the incumbent to operate “C” class motor vehicle, and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided before commencement of duty;
- Demonstrate sound clinical evidence-based skill and knowledge across the domains of midwifery practice, evidenced by feedback, recency of practice and achieved relevant clinical competencies;
- Demonstrate understanding of the requirements for the delegation of aspects of care and supervision of practice of others;
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to negotiate collaboratively within the interdisciplinary team to support safe high-quality clinical care;
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards and the (NMBA) Midwife Standards for Practice, expressing key actions midwives undertake to achieve and sustain these care standards;
- Demonstrate commitment to the professional development of self and others.
In this role you will be offered:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A wellness program;
- Generous superannuation;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Career training and development;
- Salary packaging.
The hospital, located in Toowoomba, is an acute facility providing all acute medical and surgical services, ambulatory care, rehabilitation and aged care to the patients.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.