An excellent opportunity has become available for a Mental Health Registered Nurse to join the short stay unit mental health inpatient team at a private hospital in Northern Sydney. Permanent part-time positions are available.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Mental Health Registered Nurse, you will provide quality health care services to the local community. The short-stay unit is a 6-bed ward for short stay crisis mental health admissions. This position is based in a large, friendly environment. It is a 24/7 service, so you will need to have the flexibility to work a full rotating roster - 12-hour shifts are available.
The Mental health unit has been designed, built and fitted to an exceptionally high standard to provide a pleasant environment whilst meeting the requirements for an acute mental health facility. The unit has 61 beds.
- Current registration with the AHPRA;
- Demonstrated skills in assessment and care, co-ordination of inpatient consumers who are seriously affected by mental illness;
- Ability to deliver recovery focused interventions that are evidence-based;
- Acts as a clinical resource/mentor for junior staff who are involved in the management of consumers with mental health concerns, including those with concurrent alcohol or substance use issues;
- Working with Children Check;
- Commitment to Quality Patient Care;
- Sound clinical decision making and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Works well independently and within a team;
- Basic computer skills;
- Postgraduate experience in mental health is desirable.
- Discounted onsite parking;
- Wellness benefits;
- Discounted gym memberships;
- Employee Assistance Programs;
- Salary Packaging;
- Bulk Billing services for employees and immediate family members;
- Rewards program with national deals and discounts for travel, health insurance and banking offers.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Hospital, located in beautiful Frenchs Forest, provides high-quality services for both public and private patients in the Northern Beaches community. Hospital has a state of the art Interventional suite encompassing three laboratories, including hybrid and biplane labs.
Treatment & care follows the principles of patient-centred care and implements a contemporary Recovery model of care across the Mental Health Service with active involvement from family & carers, an unrestrictive, safe environment, multidisciplinary approach to interventions, and holistic & self-care where possible and ongoing support through community services.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT'S NOT QUITE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?
Check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.