Excellent opportunities exist for dually qualified Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives to join the friendly and supportive team within the Special Care Nursery at a private hospital in Melbourne. Multiple full time and part-time positions are available. This is a rotational shift position with the option to work the night shift predominately.
As a Registered Nurse/Midwife, you will perform clinical duties with the support and guidance of the Nurse Unit Manager to ensure a high level of quality service is provided to the patients. This will directly involve the assessing, planning and delivery of care to those patients.
You will be joining a team dedicated to delivering a high standard of support and care for mothers, newborns and their families. The multidisciplinary team of experienced obstetricians, midwives, nurses, lactation consultants and allied health professional’s work together to ensure a comfortable and confident experience – before, during and after pregnancy.
You will have the chance to participate in a comprehensive orientation program and receive extensive support from the Nurse Unit Managers, shift leaders and the clinical development team in carrying out your duties.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- Recent clinical experience in a Special Care Nursery/ NICU required;
- Strong ability to plan, prioritise and coordinate patient care amid rapidly changing situations;
- Knowledge of current legislation and policies relating to nursing practice in the workplace;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written);
- Postgraduate maternity qualifications will be highly regarded, though not essential;
- Recent clinical experience working with CPAP and Nasal Prong High Flow would be highly regarded.
The hospital offers fabulous Employee Benefits, including:
- Staff recognition and rewards programs;
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health and leisure choices;
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options;
- Great opportunities for advancement and career opportunities;
- Generous support for education;
- Close to public transport and parking facilities;
- A supportive, friendly and professional working environment.
Hospital, located in Melbourne, is a small specialist private hospital. Specialising in women’s health, the hospital provides the highest standards of specialised services, skilled personnel and sophisticated technologies. The specialities include obstetrics, gynaecology, urogynaecology, plastic and cosmetic surgery. Each year, we perform over 5600 procedures and deliver more than 3000 babies. The Maternity/Surgical Ward is a 25-bed unit with 16 dedicated surgical beds and 9 dedicated maternity beds.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise, please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au
for other available positions.