A new opportunity has arisen for a patient-centered mental health nurse to work within the Adult Mental Health Inpatient Unit at a private hospital in Melbourne. This can be either a Part-time or Full-time position: 64-80 hours per fortnight.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your responsibilities will include:
- Systematically assessing the physical and mental state of the patient, analysing information, and identifying the patient’s nursing needs;
- Undertaking a thorough patient risk assessment within the acute mental health setting to identify the patient risks;
- Applying knowledge and skills, developing and documenting a comprehensive plan of care that reflects the identified needs of the patient and reduces risks associated with risk assessment within the least restrictive environment;
- Recognising changes in the patient’s risk and mental status, taking necessary action, and documenting variation in the care plan;
- Involving the patient, family, and other service elements in the development and implementation of the plan of care;
- Ensuring that patient safety and dignity are reflected through a plan of care, including the management of gender safety.
- Current unrestricted registration with AHPRA as a Nurse Division 1 or 3;
- Postgraduate qualifications in nursing or working towards this (desirable);
- You will have a comprehensive knowledge of the Mental Health Act and other relevant legislation is required;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively partner with patients in their recovery;
- The position requires post-registration experience and the necessary training and experience to enable working in an acute inpatient unit;
- Relevant knowledge and demonstrated skills in risk assessment, mental state assessment, recovery care planning, and knowledge of acute mental health nursing care and practice is essential to undertake this role.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
The hospital is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research, and education. It is the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient, home, and community-based services.
The Adult Mental Health Service (AMHS) includes hospital and community services. The inpatient unit is made
up of 58 beds distributed across two 29-bed wards, including a statewide psychiatric intensive care unit
If this aligns with what you're looking for, click "APPLY" to send in your application – attaching your most up-to-date CV. It is that easy! Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to email@example.com.
And if this particular role isn't quite right, be sure to explore the array of other openings on our website at www.ihrgroup.com.au.