An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated Registered Nurses with previous Scrub Scout experience to join a theatre team at a private hospital in Newcastle. This is a permanent part-time position, up to 64 hours per fortnight.
As a Perioperative Registered Nurse, you will work across the full scope of the Theatre Department, comprised of five state-of-the-art theatres.
You will be responsible for preparing the surgical environment to ensure safe surgical outcomes are achieved.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Maintaining a high level of nursing care to all patients within the unit;
- Assessing, planning, coordinating and evaluating the care delivery needs of patients;
- Monitoring the condition of patients during procedures and reporting changes to the relevant manager and Anaesthetist/Surgeon/ Physician;
- Ensuring sterility is maintained at all times and instrument counts are conducted in line with department policy.
- Current APHRA registration;
- Minimum 1-year experience working as a Scrub Scout Nurse;
- Demonstrated ability to provide high standards of customer service and care for the patients;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of current relevant guidelines, regulations and standards.
The hospital provides an outstanding working environment, modern facilities, innovative education programmes, flexible work arrangements and excellent employee benefits. A supportive Executive team are committed to the ongoing education and mentorship of the staff.
Hospital, located near Newcastle, provides Medical, Rehabilitation, Surgical & Mental Health Services. The Hospital's main surgical focus is in the areas of Orthopaedics, Urology, General, Plastics, Ophthalmology, Gynaecology, Faciomaxillary & Paediatrics.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY
to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.