An excellent opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced perioperative nurse with management aspirations or experience to step into a key coordinator role at a private hospital on the Mornington Peninsula. This role is permanent Part-Time – 70 Hours per Fortnight (negotiable) with no on-call, weekends or public holiday shifts.
Your key focus will be to coordinate our 8 after-hours operating suites. You will lead a passionate team of clinical nurses and collaboratively work and consult with on-shift doctors to ensure the best practice and patient outcomes are achieved. In this role, you will report to the Perioperative Services Manager.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- Extensive proven experience as a Nurse in an acute care setting;
- 3 years minimum relevant perioperative specialty experience;
- Any clinical leadership experience or relevant post-graduate specialty qualifications will be highly regarded;
- An understanding of continuous improvement/risk management principles;
- Evidence of commitment to self-development;
- Ability to apply research findings to clinical practice;
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and autonomously when required;
- Commitment to improvement and excellence in the delivery of outcomes.
The hospital offers excellent benefits of employment, including:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators;
- Scholarships & Study Discounts;
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs;
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7;
- On-site ICU (11 beds);
- Staff recognition and reward programs;
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices;
- Discounted private health insurance, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts;
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Morning & afternoon tea provided.
Hospital, located on the Mornington Peninsula, is a modern and well-equipped facility offering a comprehensive range of acute surgical services. Services are supported by a seven-bed Intensive Care Unit. The Catheterisation Laboratory is newly built with “State of the art equipment”. The Operating Suite comprises six operating rooms plus two Cath Labs and a state of the art Hybrid Theatre and a 10-bed recovery room. Surgical specialties include cardiac surgery, thoracic, spinal, general surgery, paediatrics, gynaecology, obstetrics, orthopaedics, urology, plastics, ENT, vascular and dental. Services are supported by an 11 bed Intensive Care Unit.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise, please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.