An excellent opportunity exists for a highly skilled Clinical Midwife Educator to provide clinical support and education to midwifery staff at a private hospital in Sydney. It's a permanent part-time role (16hrs per week) with the opportunity to incorporate as part of a full time or part-time position working the remaining hours as a Clinical Midwifery Specialist.
As a Clinical Midwifery Educator, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing clinical support and education to the Registered Midwife, Registered Nurse, Mothercraft Nurse, Enrolled Nurse, New Graduate Midwives and Bachelor of Midwifery students in birth unit and postnatal areas;
- Providing a woman and family focussed culture that supports the NUM and staff to deliver innovative models of care and proactively manages change in the Birth Unit and postnatal areas of care;
- Consulting and liaising with obstetric and maternity staff in regards to education opportunities and requirements.
To be successful in this position, you will require the following:
- Current AHPRA registration;
- A minimum of 5 years clinical experience within an acute maternity environment, including intrapartum and postnatal care;
- Previous educator experience in a similar role;
- Certificate IV Workplace Assessment and Training (TAE qualification);
- Demonstrated experience in e-Learning platforms;
- High degree of computer literacy skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Tertiary qualification (Masters in Education or other relevant postgraduate qualification.
Hospital, located in Sydney’s North West, is a busy high acuity facility. Women’s Health Unit is a 43-bed post/antenatal/gynaecology ward with 7 birthing suite rooms. Supporting this service is a 7-bed level 2 Special Care Nursery.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise, please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.