An excellent opportunity exists for a motivated and enthusiastic experienced Anaesthetic Nurse to join the perioperative team at a private hospital in Sydney as a Clinical Nurse Educator. It's a permanent part-time role (0.5 FTE) with a start date in February 2022.
This role can be combined with a full-time position with part of the role working as an Anaesthetic Nurse (Clinical Nurse Specialist) and the remainder working as a Clinical Nurse Educator.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a CNE, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Perioperative Nurse Educator to support the commitment to high-level education and training;
- Demonstrate clinical expertise and professional role modelling;
- Orientate and complete induction of new staff, including roles and responsibilities;
- Take on a leadership role in providing hands-on educational support and clinical teaching to perioperative staff, graduate nurses and students;
- Support the Transition to Perioperative Nursing Program;
- Assist with competency assessments, learning plans and services;
- Promote a high standard of evidence-based nursing care to all patients through the dissemination of current best practice knowledge;
- Participate in policy and procedure development, monitoring and education;
- Assist with staff compliance to annual Mandatory Training and completion of eLearning components;
- Contributing to quality and safety initiatives across the department;
- Participate in educator meetings and support hospital-wide education as part of the hospital's education team.
- Current AHPRA registration;
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant post-graduate experience in Anaesthetics;
- High level of clinical skills and proven experience in anaesthetics;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- A high degree of computer literacy, including MS Office;
- Highly motivated and able to work independently;
- Accountable for own performance and behaviour, role model Healthscope safe values;
- Certificate IV Workplace Assessment & Training (TAE)/Working towards;
- Post Graduate Qualifications in Anaesthetics Nursing.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Hospital, located in Sydney's North West, is a busy high acuity facility. The perioperative department comprises 19 operating theatres - 8 integrated and one hybrid, cardiac catheterisation theatre, 32 bay first stage recovery, a surgical admissions centre with second stage recovery, a preadmission clinic, 2 dedicated endoscopy suites and CSSD. The major specialties include cardiothoracic, orthopaedics, neurosurgery, general surgery, urology, plastics, ENT, obstetrics and gynaecology, maxillo-facial, robotic surgery, and endoscopy.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT'S NOT QUITE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?
Check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.