An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced Scrub Scout Registered Nurse to join the well-established Operating Theatre team at a private hospital in Sydney. It's a permanent full-time position.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Scrub/Scout Registered Nurse, you will work across the full scope of the Theatre Department, comprised of ten operating theatres and the Procedure Room. You will be responsible for preparing the surgical environment to ensure safe surgical outcomes are achieved. This will involve, but is not limited to;
- Maintaining a high level of nursing care to all patients within the units;
- Assessing, planning, coordinating and evaluating the care delivery needs of patients;
- Monitoring the condition of patients during procedures and reporting changes to the relevant manager and Anaesthetist / Surgeon / Physician; and
- Ensuring sterility is maintained at all times, and instrument counts are conducted in line with department policy.
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
- Current registration with the AHPRA;
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a Scrub Scout Registered Nurse;
- Any postgraduate qualifications within a relevant perioperative specialty will be highly regarded;
- Excellent communication, time management and customer service skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and ensure patient safety through the provision of safe practice;
- Commitment to improvement and excellence in the delivery of health care services.
Employee Benefits include:
- Staff recognition;
- Flexible Family-friendly roster;
- Employee Benefits Club;
- Corporate discounts including health fund;
- Salary sacrificing;
- Employee Assistance Program.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Hospital, located in Sydney's inner west, is an acute care facility and one of Australia's most technologically advanced hospitals providing excellent safety, comfort and quality of care. It specialises in Cardiothoracic, Orthopaedics, Colorectal, Laparoscopic, Gynaecology, Plastics, Urology, Breast, ENT, Hand, Ophthalmic, Head and Neck, Vascular, Neurology, General Surgery and a Day Procedure Unit. Hospital has 10 operating theatres supported by a dedicated Angiography Suite and Endoscopy Suite.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
IT'S NOT QUITE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?
Check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.