An unique opportunity has become available for a highly experienced Nursing Manager who enjoys the challenges of developing a new services at a private hospital in Northern Sydney.
As the Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) Recovery you will make an impact by providing day to day operational direction ensuring efficient and effective management of the area. You will have an opportunity to shape your own team and be a key driver in promoting growth and representing NBH at external clinical forums.
- oversee safe, quality care that meets current best practice standards
- assist the Deputy Theatre Manager and Interventional Suite Manager in the leadership and direction of the recovery department
- manage and support recovery staff in the delivery of the peri-operative services
- undertake a hands-on role, where required
- understand legislative requirements and national standards
- work closely with surgeons and anaesthetists to ensure delivery of high quality care, efficiency of services and to develop a strong working relationship with these doctors
- monitor patient occupancy/ theatre utilisation and acuity and align staff rosters
The successful applicant will have:
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification in peri-operative nursing
- Post graduate qualification in leadership or management (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years’ clinical experience in Peri-operative Services (recovery particularly)
- Extensive clinical skills and experience working in a peri-operative suite with 10 or more theatres undertaking complex surgical procedures
- Experience managing a perioperative specialty or department
- Proven experience building and leading high performing teams with a service excellence approach
- Passionate about building strong relationships and delivering exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated skills in workforce planning, rostering and working within budgeted work hours
- High level of planning and organising skills
- Strong influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt personal style to suit a varied audience & a variety of interpersonal styles
- Well-developed oral and written communication
- High degree of computer literacy
- Prior experience in the private healthcare system will be well regarded
Hospital, opening in late 2018, will provide a range of healthcare services to the Northern Beaches community. The Interventional Suite accommodates adult & paediatrics patients, for planned & unplanned procedures &/or surgery. It comprises: 14 state-of-the-art operating theatres including a hybrid theatre & a cardiothoracic theatre; 2 Cardiac Catheter Labs; 4 Procedure Rooms; 41 bed Recovery Unit; Anaesthetics Service and state of the art Sterilising Services Department. The service currently operates 7 days, 06:00 to 21:00hrs.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.